Nominated for the Versatile Blogger award by Aparna here. Thanks a lot! I wasn't sure the origins of it, so searched the Internet and found the Versatile Blogger Award site here. They have a blog roll of all the winners - which is periodically updated. Aparna, your nomination is well deserved and sound me out when you win it - All the best!
The nomination does not come easy. It has a set of rules and here I go...
1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
Here are the fellow bloggers I nominate... (excluding bloggers who have already been nominated, I got only 10)
- Chandrika Shubham at Chandrika Shubham : A reserved chit-chatter.
- BK Chowla at Change India.
- Creative Rumblings at Creative Rumblings.
- TBG at Desi Ghee and Coffee.
- Katherine Jenkins at Lessons from the Monk I Married.
- Sameera at Life in a jiffy.
- Mr "Niraj" Lemon at Masalla Lemonade.
- Susan Deborah at Meanderings and Reflections.
- Ram at Trails of a Traveler.
- Prathama at Towards Harmony.
Consider this done - the minute I publish the post, will let the nominated bloggers know.
3. Add the Versatile Blogger award picture to your blog post.
Here it is...
4. Share 7 random things about yourself.
Okay, let's see how random I can get...
- Though I can't sing for nuts, for as long as I can remember I have fancied being a top-notch singer - I used to sing along with the tapes, with a magazine rolled up as a mike and pretend I was giving an Oscar-winning performance. I still do it when nobody is at home (and now with YouTube instead) :D.
- My first career option ever as a kid was to join the army and fight at the borders. In the 80's, women were still not part of the Indian army; and when my parents told me that, I wanted to be an army doctor. (Until ofcourse I later realized I just don't have it in me to become any kind of a doc :()
- The first job I ever "interviewed" for was for the position of a Management Trainee at the Taj Group of Hotels. This was when I was still in college.
- I have carried dividers, compasses in my bags during the bus rides to and from college. I was in Delhi and it was almost a necessity to carry such equipment for self defense. I have used these and umbrellas, elbows, knees to hit so many men (ofcourse the guilty ones only), real bad, where it really hurts the most.
- Till I was in my early 20s, the worst abuse I had ever used was "bitch". And if I called so it was someone that, it was understood that they really deserved it and infact much more! I couldn't bring myself to use to the more illustrious vocabulary that I seem to fluently mouth out these days!
- I have admired and been infatuated by various celebrities from different field over the years. However, I have always proudly proclaimed that I have never been so star-struck as to put up posters in my room EXCEPT for only once in all these years - I had Rahul Dravid's poster on my bedroom wall for exactly 10 days when I was in Grade 8.
- Though not at all a sportsperson, I have tried my hand (literally only that much) at most sports - lawn tennis, badminton, javelin throw, short put, karate, long jump, golf, volley ball, basket ball, throw ball, even cricket, and what not - only to come to the conclusion that all these are too "rough" for my taste :P. The one sport I have "seriously" pursued, for say 2 years continuously in school, was Table Tennis :).
Over to you guys, now!