Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Living ‘Life’

The calendar dictates my days,
The clock my time.
I snooze between alarms,
And dream through the commute.

Blinded by my false sense of self worth,
The beauty of the newly blossomed gulmohar
On the path I rush through, escapes me.

The mornings are maniacally hurried,
And the evenings pass in a daze.
Of the afternoons I remember nothing;
The nights are long and silent.

I like to believe that within me,
Lie the depths of the ocean.
There are oysters with hidden pearls.

I don’t have the luxury of deep diving,
I console myself, and then I sigh in relief;
This fear of searching within, only to
Stumble upon the silence of the hollow years.

The lack of profound sorrow and
The absence of any exhilarating joy
Am I blessed or just plain cold?

At the shore, my heart aches for the
Electrifying currents that run deep;
And the sinking ship, in the middle of
The blue, envies my sanctuary at the coast!

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully penned! Esp the part about retrospecting these 'hollow years' in future..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy days I understand. :P

    Well written. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you Keerthana and Sameera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tagged u in my latest post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wud say same hee other then the nights .. my nights are zzzzzzzzzzzz my head hit the pillow and I am gone .. :)

    good poem
    somehow this seems to be very common in the modern world

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Bikram! yes seems like a post modern angst ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking out the time to share your valuable opinions! They mean a lot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails